As the spread of COVID-19 continues in our community, the blood supply has begun to encounter a critical shortage with fewer people donating.
Employees and students can donate blood at the Briscoe Library on Dec. 29. Your UT Health San Antonio badge is required to donate to the UHS Blood Bank.
Blood Donation Guidelines
- You will be escorted to the donation locations inside the library.
- Please arrive outside of the library no earlier than 15 minutes and no later than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled donation time.
- In order to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, please abide by established procedures.
- All individuals should wear a face covering. Cloth face coverings are acceptable.
- Please maintain a social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Please do not congregate in groups.
- Remember your UT Health San Antonio badge. Be prepared to be screened for symptoms and to have your temperature taken. If you have been previously screened on the day of your donation, present your badge to the screeners.
- You may be asked to wait outside prior to being escorted into the library for your donation. This is in an effort to prevent crowding in the donation area. Please maintain distancing at that time, too.
- After your donation, please exit the library when you feel well enough to do so.
Please find UTHSCSA Medical School in the dropdown menu and select a date and time.