Facilities Management will be conducting a power outage of the Dental Building, Basic Science Building, UT Health San Antonio Police Department Building, Briscoe Library and lecture halls Dec. 18-20. This outage is required to migrate the remaining Long Campus buildings from circa 1960 high voltage electrical switchgear to more modern and efficient equipment.
Over the past two years, the following buildings have been migrated successfully: AAB, Medical School, Nursing School, ALTC, Holly Auditorium, former HR Building, Texas Star Café, Facilities Management Building, Print Shop Building, EHS/Space Planning Building and the recreation and track areas.
During the upcoming December 18-20 power outage, normal CPS Energy power will not be available throughout the Dental Building (spaces having the R, S, T and U designations), Basic Science Building (spaces having the V designation), UT Health San Antonio Police Department Building, Briscoe Library and lecture halls.
All emergency powered systems, fire and life safety systems, red receptacles, emergency lighting, telecommunications and security systems will be available. No other buildings or spaces on the Long Campus, Greehey Campus, PARC, Texas Research Park, UT Health Hill Country, and UT Plaza will be impacted.
The power outage is scheduled to start on Friday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. All power shall be restored by Sunday, Dec. 20 at 6 p.m.
- If you are in a space that will be impacted by the power outage, please power down your computers and all nonessential equipment prior to your departure for the holidays and prior to Friday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. There is no need to unplug the equipment from the power outlet(s).
- Should you require extension cords for emergency powered freezers or any other critical equipment, or an emergency power review of your equipment, please contact Raymundo Rivera at RiveraR5@uthscsa.edu or Joe Lopez, P.E. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-567-2230.
- Refrigerators and freezers not on emergency power should be defrosted and disconnected (unplugged) prior to the outage. These refrigerators and freezers include those utilized by departments in breakrooms or lunch spaces. Any ice in ice maker machines should be removed prior to the power outage.
- Parking lot lighting will not be impacted by the power outage.
- Should you be utilizing your computer in Remote Desktop mode, and you are in one of the spaces impacted by the power outage, your computer will need to be turned on and logged into after the power outage.
- VPN functionality will not be impacted so placing work files on a server is a good alternative to Remote Desktop.
- Facilities Management staff will be on-site throughout the entire power outage and the Facilities Management Building will be staffed for any in-person or call-in requests for support during the power outage.
- The Facilities Management 24 hour/365 day telephone number is 210-567-2880.