Dependent care assistance available for employees through Care.com
As a benefit to support our employees, UT Health San Antonio has partnered with Care.com to help employees who need to find quality dependent care.
Responders to our dependent care survey this summer told us that finding reliable, quality dependent care that works with their schedules was one of their greatest challenges in managing work/life balance.
To meet this need, we will provide access to dependent care services offered by Care.com to all UT Health San Antonio benefits-eligible employees.
Institutional membership includes:
- Unlimited virtual access to view profiles and references of background-checked dependent care providers who you may arrange to hire for your care needs. (Standard employment rates apply).
- Five days per year of child or adult backup care, i.e. emergency care, at subsidized rates* below:
- $6/hour for in-home care (4-hour minimum and 10-hour maximum).
- $10/day for in-center care (cost is per day per child; hours may vary depending on provider).
- Expert assistance to find background-checked caregivers. (Standard employment rates apply. Assistance may not be available for all types of care needs).
- HomePay service to manage payment and taxes for in-home care providers.
How do I use Care.com
Employees can log in to the dedicated Care.com website for UT Health San Antonio employees by using their single sign-on credentials and enroll. Employees will also need their Employee ID to set up a profile with a username and password. After employees set up a unique username and password, they can download the Care.com app for future use.
Once enrolled, employees can access all the Care.com benefits above as well as post jobs for needed services and access a network of background-checked caregivers.
- For questions about the services offered through Care.com for UT Health San Antonio employees, email AskHR@uthscsa.edu.
- For questions about how to access, enroll and use Care.com services, call 855.781.1303 or email email@example.com.
*Subsidized rates as part of an employee benefit provided by UT Health San Antonio are subject to applicable taxes.