3/13 Update: VITA tax preparation at UT Health San Antonio has been canceled.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) team will be on campus to help employees and students with their taxes.
VITA offers free tax preparation to individuals earning less than $55,000.
You can get free tax assistance on Friday, March 20, from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and on Tuesday, March 31, from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, contact Cindi Adcock, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-567-2003.
The following items are needed to prepare your tax return:
- Proof of Identification (Driver’s License or Photo I.D.).
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents.
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return.
- Current year’s tax package if you received one.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT).
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available.
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identification number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number).
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, BOTH spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Bring Form 1095-A if you have purchased health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
- If eligible to receive education credits, the school’s taxpayer identification number is needed.
Learn more about VITA.