Dear UT Health San Antonio faculty, staff and learners:
As we continue to monitor the pandemic, UT Health San Antonio is extending the following actions out of an abundance of caution to help keep our employees and learners safe.
- When possible, conduct non-mission-critical meetings virtually through Feb. 28, 2022, and refrain from offering food.
- Limit non-mission-critical visitors to campus through Feb. 28, 2022.
- Postpone or hold large events virtually through Feb. 28, 2022. The chief operating officer, deans and/or vice president for academic, faculty and student affairs may need to be consulted and/or provide approval on mission-critical events that cannot be held virtually.
- Domestic business travel is highly discouraged through Feb. 28, 2022. If domestic travel is mission critical, please use extreme caution.
- International travel is not allowed while the pandemic continues. If international travel is mission critical, a waiver request should be submitted to the International Oversight Committee a minimum of 30 days before the trip.
- Monitor your symptoms BEFORE you come to work or school. Do not come to work/class with respiratory symptoms.
- Masks are to be worn on campus. Surgical masks, KN95 masks or N95 masks are preferred over cloth masks. Academic, research and administrative departments can obtain disposable surgical masks at no charge through Feb. 28, 2022, by contacting General Stores and indicating “Per updated COVID-19 safety protocol measures” with the request. Patient-facing clinical staff should continue to obtain disposable masks through normal clinical inventory processes.
- Students should follow their individual program’s guidance regarding learning activities that may require on-campus attendance.
Thank you for your help in keeping our community safe. We will continue to adjust and update actions as conditions change and communicate accordingly.
Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer