A message from Human Resources:
The outage of our Kronos time and leave system which was caused by a ransomware attack in December has been resolved, and the system will be available again starting tomorrow Feb. 1. We have validated that the system is stable, our data is intact and will be safeguarded going forward. The manual spreadsheet process used for the past three hourly payrolls will be used one final time to process hourly pay for the Jan. 16-31 period.
Begin tracking time and leave in Kronos Feb. 1
Beginning Feb. 1, employees can start tracking their time in Kronos as they previously did.
- Non-exempt employees – Starting Feb. 1, non-exempt employees should clock in and out using the same process they did previously whether it be a physical time clock, desktop application, or mobile application.
- Exempt employees – Exempt employees should request and enter all leave in the Kronos system beginning Feb. 1.
Previous leave taken for December and January should be entered in Kronos by Feb. 16
- To reconcile time taken in December and January when the system was unavailable, supervisors will need to manually enter leave taken, hours worked and overtime for all their employees into the Kronos system by Feb. 16. These entries will be reconciled, and the system will be updated.
- Employees will not have access to enter time taken or make any other adjustments to the system. Supervisors will need to make these changes and updates for all time taken prior to Feb. 1. Supervisors can find guides on how to perform these functions in Kronos on the Kronos UT Health Time and Attendance webpage.
- Supervisors should also check for any pending requests in Kronos made before the outage to reconcile them with the manual time their teams have been keeping and approve or deny them in Kronos as appropriate.
- If supervisors need assistance with reconciling and entering time and leave for their employees for December and January, they should contact their HR Generalist for assistance.
Our Information Management & Services leadership team has met with Kronos to ensure appropriate steps have been taken not only to recover our lost data, but to mitigate this type of event happening again.
For questions or assistance with Kronos issues not covered above, you can continue to use these resources: