Dear faculty, staff, students and residents:
Following recommendations set forth by the Food and Drug Administration on Sept. 17, 2021, UT Health San Antonio is now providing COVID-19 vaccine boosters to our front-line health care workers, as well as all other faculty, staff, students and residents. Pfizer boosters will be administered and can be given to those who had an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna).
Booster scheduling is currently available to everyone with a UT Health San Antonio sign-on. As a courtesy, we ask that all those who do not interact directly with patients please wait a few days before scheduling, allowing our front-line providers – who are most at risk – to schedule their boosters first.
To schedule your COVID-19 booster, log in to our scheduling website. Locations include the Medical Arts and Research Center (MARC) or Wellness 360 located in the School of Nursing.
Additionally, UT Health San Antonio will host weekend vaccination clinics at the MARC beginning this Saturday, Sept. 25. All available vaccination dates, times and locations can be viewed and scheduled by logging into the scheduling website.
Also beginning this week, UT Health San Antonio eligible patients will receive an invitation to schedule their booster COVID-19 vaccines via MyChart. This includes patients at high risk of severe COVID-19, as well as patients aged 65 and older.
Schedule your vaccine
- Scheduling your vaccine must be completed by logging into the secure UT Health San Antonio scheduling website.
- Your UT Health San Antonio user ID and password are required to log in to the portal. If you do not have a working user ID and password, please contact your department administrator.
- After logging in, select “Schedule Your Vaccine” from the top menu.
- Then select “COVID Third Dose – Booster Dose” from the drop-down menu listing the type of visit. (See graphic below.)
The scheduling site can also be accessed on mobile devices by scanning this QR code:
Complete your electronic check-in and required consents within MyChart
MyChart electronic eCheck-in is required to streamline check-in. If you already have a MyChart account, a link to “Log In” will be provided after selecting and confirming your vaccine appointment.
To receive the COVID-19 vaccine, certain consents listed below may need to be completed, if they have not been previously completed:
- Consent for Treatment: Required if you have not previously received a vaccine or care from UT Health Physicians or Wellness 360.
- Notice of Privacy Practice: Required if you have not previously received a vaccine or care from UT Health Physicians or Wellness 360.
- COVID Vaccine Acknowledgement: Required if you have not previously received a vaccine with UT Health Physicians or Wellness 360.
- Notice for Voluntary Disclosure of Social Security Number: Required if you have not previously received a vaccine or care from UT Health Physicians or Wellness 360.
- Authorization to Release COVID-19 Immunization Record to the Department of Human Resources: This is to ensure your vaccine is on file should this information be needed in the future. It is optional, but recommended, if you have not previously completed.
Sign up for MyChart if you are not a MyChart user
MyChart is the online portal for patients made available through Epic, our electronic medical record. MyChart allows 24/7 access to your health records through UT Health San Antonio. A MyChart account is necessary for completing eCheck-in, even if you do not plan on being a future patient of UT Health San Antonio. After completing the scheduling process, you will be prompted to “Sign up now.”
We hope these measures help expedite everyone’s access to the COVID-19 booster for a more seamless vaccination experience. Should you experience any technical issues with the scheduling website or mobile site, please call the Health IT Help Desk at (210) 450-4800.
Robert Leverence, MD
Chief Medical Officer, UT Health Physicians
Edward Sankary, MD
Chief Health Information Officer, UT Health Physicians