Dear faculty, staff, students, residents and fellows:
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion invites faculty, staff and students to participate in the annual San Antonio PRIDE Parade celebration. UT Health San Antonio has reserved space (required) to walk in the parade, featuring floats, marching units and local dignitaries. If you are interested in participating, you must register via ENGAGED 2022 PRIDE Parade by June 22 at 5 p.m. We will provide transportation to and from campus to only those who register in advance.
NOTE: Transportation will be provided for the parade only, not for pre- or post-parade festivities. If you want to go early or stay later, please use your own mode of transportation.
We encourage everyone to wear a blue “Everything It Takes” UT Health San Antonio T-shirt that was distributed during last fall’s Spirit Week. If you do not have a university branded shirt, we can provide one for you. The ENGAGED online registration form has more information on how you can get one.
Location: The San Antonio PRIDE Parade leaves Crockett Park and heads up along the main strip from 9 p.m., where it ends at N. Main Avenue.
Route Length: Approximately 1 mile.
Cost: This is a free, community event.
- UT Health San Antonio is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy learning and workplace environment for students, faculty and staff. Each member of the campus community should choose behaviors that contribute toward this end.
- All UT Health San Antonio attendees are expected to demonstrate respect for all members of the local community.
- As an institution-sponsored activity, all members of the university community are required to sign a waiver, accessible through the ENGAGED portal.
- University members must bring their university-issued identification card to access the bus.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- All university members are expected and required to comply with the Health Science Center’s Standards of Conduct: Employees (HOP 10.1.2) and Students.
CHARTER BUS INFO (for UT Health San Antonio attendees only who prefer to park-and-ride)
- Registration is required in advance via ENGAGED.
- Seating is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis (47 seats, maximum capacity).
PICK UP and DROP OFF
- The bus will arrive at the UT Health San Antonio Shuttle Stop (#6) Long Campus, Academic and Administration Building (AAB).
- A UT Health San Antonio sign will be on the top, right corner of front windshield.
- Attendees can begin boarding at 5 p.m.
- The bus will leave at 5:15 p.m., sharp, to allow for any potential traffic or unexpected delays.
- All registered organizations must be in the assigned line-up space by 6 p.m.
- Once the parade has ended, UT Health San Antonio-registered attendees MUST return to campus on the chartered bus. There is no exception.
- We anticipate the parade to end around 10:45 p.m.
- The bus will be parked in the designated area. Drop off and pick up will be the same designated area.
- Cancellations can be made through the ENGAGED page.
- Buses are sanitized daily, in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Masks are required to board the chartered bus.
- Wear comfortable, supportive shoes.
- A banner and signage representing UT Health San Antonio will be used during the parade.
- Bottled water will be provided at pick-up/drop-off, yet we encourage you to bring eco-friendly options.
- Please bring your own snacks.
- If the parade is canceled, notification will be provided by email.
- A group of student volunteers will provide a water tent for attendees during the festivities scheduled 11 a.m-7 p.m.
Questions about registration for this event: Please contact Cindi Adcock, Community Engagement and Special Projects Coordinator, Office of the President, at (210) 410-3591.
We hope you join us!
Additional Calendar Events
- Out in Tech Pride 2022 – 6/2 (VIRTUAL)
- For Pride this year, join Out in Tech for a series of fireside chats and rapid talks highlighting queer stories and exploring issues affecting our community, including: trans inclusion in sports, employee advocacy, queer representation in the media, rainbow capitalism, sex and dating and more. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/out-in-tech-pride-2022-registration-308353101427?aff=ebdssbonlinesearch
- LSC Panel – Many Shades of PRIDE! 6/9 (VIRTUAL)
- Panel will discuss various topics: intersection of BIPOC/LGBTQA+, struggles/triumphs, how their BIPOC family can offer support, allyship and advocacy. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lsc-panel-many-shades-of-pride-tickets-338592066987?aff=ebdssbonlinesearch
- Pride Week San Antonio: 6/17 – 6/26 https://pridesanantonio.org/
- 6/17: Night Out at The Zoo
- 6/18: Pride Bar Crawl (Pat O’Brien’s)
- 6/19: Pride Interfaith Service
- 6/24: Pride “Bigger Than” Texas Grand Marshal Meet & Greet
- 6/25: Pride “Bigger Than” Texas Festival & Parade (River parade)
- 6/26: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Pride Week Finale
- 3rd Annual Centro Family Pride Day (6/26)
- 2022 theme “A Brave Space For Every Family”
- Madison Square Park | Centro’s 3rd Annual Family Pride Day returns to Madison Square Park downtown with this year’s theme: “A Brave Space For Every Family.” LGBTQ performers and vendors will be on site to serve up looks/vocals and tasty eats respectively. Enjoy games and activities hosted by local organizations and connect with needed resources in a welcoming and inclusive environment. Cap off the celebrations with our iconic mini-parade around the park! (Dressing up and bringing flags to wave is highly encouraged.) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/3rd-annual-centro-family-pride-day-tickets-337429740437?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
- Family Day with a Queen (6/5)
- Chicken-N-Pickle, 5215 UTSA Blvd.
- Hosted by Liberal Moms of San Antonio | Please join Liberal Moms of San Antonio for their 2nd annual Pride event, Family Day with a Queen! We will have Drag Queen story time for the kids, free face painting, Drag Queen bingo and a fantastic silent auction with proceeds going to the Pride Center San Antonio! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/family-day-with-a-queen-tickets-325942913027?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
Chiquita A. Collins, PhD, MA
Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Chief Diversity Officer