PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 application upgrade
The PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) application software will be upgraded to version 9.2 in the coming weeks. The upgraded system will deliver an improved user interface, the primary impact for the user community. There will be no change to the existing business processes.
In the coming weeks, additional communications will be sent to the HCM User Community regarding schedules for an application blackout, business activity during the outage, and the availability of updated support resources.
Helpful resources for the new fluid navigation
Communications with links to complete training and support resources to help users prepare for the navigation change will be delivered on October 16. Current details may be found at My UT Health – HCM page.
For a quick overview of the new fluid navigation, watch this short video. Fluid navigation moves the menus from the breadcrumb style classic view on the left of the screen to a tile/icon style on the right of the screen.
This project introduces Infographics, short videos to guide HCM users in common tasks. Helpful for the new fluid navigation, an Infographic may be played and paused as the user steps through HCM processes. A complete set of job aids for common HCM tasks will also be available.
Why upgrade the software?
- The HCM 9.2 Upgrade keeps the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS system) current with technical solutions from the vendor, and
- allows the application to continue as a fully supported product,
- captures all patches and bug fixes delivered from the vendor since the last upgrade.
- HCM 9.2 delivers new capabilities for an enhanced, simplified user interface, to include mobile friendly and individually customizable navigation.
- Mobile friendly Fluid interface.
- Common PeopleSoft user experience (UX), across all devices
- Simplifies the user experience
- Designed around roles, eliminating irrelevant content for a user.
- Personalized homepages can be published to user groups based on roles.
- Allows work centers, dashboards, etc. as future capabilities.
- HCM 9.2 delivers underlying technology (PeopleSoft Upgrade Manager or PUM) for more efficient updates. This makes the maintenance of the application less intrusive to business cycles, facilitating a continuous delivery model with lower upgrade and maintenances costs.