A power outage for the Dental Building, Basic Science Building, adjacent lecture halls and Garage B has been scheduled for August 12 from 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Normal power will not be available to these Long Campus buildings during the outage. Many of the spaces have an R, S, T, U and V designation.
Emergency power will be available and all systems on emergency power will be operational. These systems include the fire/life safety systems, telephone systems, emergency lighting, emergency 120V or 208V outlets and heating or cooling on emergency power systems.
Things to remember:
- During the power outage, normal CPS Energy power will not be available throughout the 6-hour power outage impacting the Long Campus Dental Building, Basic Science Building, adjacent lecture halls and Garage B.
- All power will be restored by Saturday, August 13, at 2:00 a.m.
- Please power down your computers and all nonessential equipment prior to your departure for the week and prior to Friday, August 12, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. There is no need to unplug office equipment from power outlets.
- Should you require extension cords or an emergency power review for your equipment, please contact Jeffrey Patterson at PattersonJ5@uthscsa.edu or 210-273-8750.
- Refrigerators and freezers not on emergency power should be defrosted and unplugged prior to the outage. These refrigerators and freezers include those utilized by departments in break rooms or lunch spaces. Any ice in ice maker machines should be removed prior to the power outage.
- Parking lot lighting will not be impacted by the power outage.
- Should you be utilizing your computer in Remote Desktop mode, and your campus computer is located in a space impacted by the power outage, your computer will need to be turned on and logged into after the power outage.
- UT Health San Antonio VPN functionality will not be impacted. Placing work files on a server is a good alternate to Remote Desktop.
- Facilities Management staff will be on-site throughout the entire power outage and the Facilities Management Building will be staffed for any in-person or call-in requests.
- The facilities management telephone number for and during the planned power outage is 210-567-2880, and is available 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
Questions? Contact 210-567-2880.