Facilities Management is planning a power outage to install emergency power equipment from 8 p.m. March 31 – 8 p.m. April 2. The outage will only impact emergency power and lighting. Normal power will not be affected.
Emergency power and lighting will be impacted in the following areas:
- Dental building floors 1-5 emergency lighting and emergency power (all sections and corridors).
- Lab Animal Resources area cooling functions, emergency lighting and emergency power.
- School of Nursing emergency lighting and emergency power.
- Library emergency lighting and emergency power, including elevator L1. A sign will be posted to indicate that the elevator will not have power.
- Lighting in the lot 8 parking area between the School of Nursing and the UT Police Department.
Refrigerators and freezers plugged into emergency power outlets in the above areas will be impacted and should be defrosted and disconnected (unplugged) or plugged into a normal power receptacle before the power outage. If extension cords are needed for certain areas, please contact Facilities Management at (210) 567-2868.
The power outage is scheduled to replace an automatic transfer switch to provide future emergency power capabilities at the above locations. An automatic transfer switch is an electrical device connected to an emergency generator that makes the switch from normal power to emergency power when normal power fails.
An email alerting the occupants who are impacted by this power outage will be distributed at the beginning of the power outage and again at the end when work is completed.
For any questions, please contact Jessica Gutierrez-Rodriguez, executive director, Facilities Management & Operations, at her office number at (210) 567-0896 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For emergencies, please call Gutierrez-Rodriguez’s mobile number at (210) 859-3881.