Greehey Campus Outage – Saturday, Dec. 5 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Buildings Impacted: McDermott Clinical Science Building and Research Administration Building
UT Health Facilities Management, in collaboration with building stakeholders, has coordinated a brief power outage to reestablish the dual and parallel 35kV system after several maintenance activities and upgrades were recently completed.
All emergency power systems such as security systems, fire and life safety, lighting, emergency power outlets and networking will be available throughout the duration of this work.
Employees are asked to power down computers and all nonessential equipment by the end of business day Friday, Dec. 4.
Facilities Management has worked with building stakeholders at each of the two buildings to minimize disruption to research and operations. Additionally, Facilities Management will be on-site throughout the duration of the power outage should you require any support.
Long Campus Outage – Friday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. – Sunday, Dec. 20 at 6 p.m.
Buildings impacted: Dental Building, Basic Science Building, UT Police Building, Briscoe Library and lecture halls
Facilities Management will be conducting a power outage to migrate the remaining Long Campus buildings from circa 1960 high voltage electrical switchgear to more modern and efficient equipment.
During the power outage, normal CPS Energy power will not be available throughout the Dental Building (spaces having the R, S, T and U designations), Basic Science Building (spaces having the V designation), UT Police Building, Briscoe Library and lecture halls.
All emergency powered systems, fire and life safety systems, red receptacles, emergency lighting, telecommunications and security systems will be available.
No other buildings or spaces on the Long Campus, Greehey Campus, PARC, Texas Research Park, UT Health Hill Country, and UT Plaza will be impacted.
The power outage is scheduled to start on Friday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. All power shall be restored by Sunday, Dec. 20 at 6 p.m.
- If you are in a space that will be impacted by the power outage, you’re asked to power down your computers and all nonessential equipment prior to Friday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. There is no need to unplug the equipment from the power outlet(s).
- Should you require extension cords for emergency powered freezers or any other critical equipment, or an emergency power review of your equipment, please contact Raymundo Rivera at RiveraR5@uthscsa.edu or Joe Lopez, P.E. at email@example.com or 210-567-2230.
- Refrigerators and freezers not on emergency power should be defrosted and unplugged prior to the outage. These refrigerators and freezers include those utilized by departments in breakrooms or lunch spaces. Any ice in ice maker machines should be removed prior to the power outage.
- Parking lot lighting will not be impacted by the power outage.
- Should you be utilizing your computer in Remote Desktop mode, and you are in one of the spaces impacted by the power outage, your computer will need to be turned on and logged into after the power outage.
- VPN functionality will not be impacted so placing work files on a server is a good alternative to Remote Desktop.
- Facilities Management staff will be on-site throughout the entire power outage and the Facilities Management Building will be staffed for any in-person or call-in requests for support during the power outage.
- The Facilities Management 24 hour/365 day telephone number is 210-567-2880.