Regional UT technology transfer office offers Tech Forum on Jan. 14
WHAT: The South Texas Technology Management 2010 Annual Tech Forum, with the theme “Collaborative Technology Commercialization”
Topics will include local commercialization successes, multidisciplinary research initiatives, university technology transfer and commercialization resources, technology-driven business formation in San Antonio, and funding information and opportunities. A question-and-answer time will follow the presentations.
South Texas Technology Management is the regional technology transfer office that serves four University of Texas institutions — the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, UT San Antonio (UTSA), UT Brownsville and UT Pan American.
WHEN: Thursday, Jan. 14 (registration at 5:30 p.m., panel session at 6, refreshments/networking at 7)
WHERE: Parman Auditorium Foyer, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive
WHO: Featured panelists and topics:
• Cory Hallam, Ph.D., assistant vice president of commercialization alliances and innovation, UTSA; “Partnering with UTSA for Commercializing Technologies”
• Michael MacNaughton, Ph.D., vice president of chemistry and chemical engineering, Southwest Research Institute; “The Role of the Independent Research Institute in Technology Commercialization”
• Larry J. Miller, M.D., CEO of Vidacare Corp; “Achieving Success and How the University Makes a Difference”
• Jim Poage, CEO and president of the San Antonio Technology Accelerator Initiative; “Kiss More Frogs, Raise More Money”
• John Cole, Ph.D., interim director, South Texas Technology Management
NOTES: A diverse audience is expected, including academic and industrial researchers, small business leaders and start-up entrepreneurs, state and local government officials, business service providers, investors and other interested in regional technology transfer and economic development.
For speaker biographies, directions to the Health Science Center and parking instructions, visit http://www.utsystem.edu/sttm/techforum.shtml. For more information, please contact Richard Rodriguez at (210) 567-9233 or email@example.com.
Event sponsors and supporters:
UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
Meyertons, Hood, Kivlin, Kowert & Goetzel, P.C.
Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P.
Jackson Walker, L.L.P.
Tuggey, Rosenthal, Pauerstein, Sandoloski, Agather, L.L.P.
Inteum Co., L.L.C.
KSTX 89.1 News & Views
Southwest Research Institute
San Antonio Technology Accelerator Initiative
San Antonio Technology Center