Our UT Health San Antonio community is encouraged to show some love for our front-line health care providers and essential workers by participating in the #weheartSAheroes program.
This citywide celebration will recognize and honor the dedication, contributions and sacrifices of essential employees during the COVID-19 crisis.
All San Antonians are encouraged to use their talents and creativity to thank essential workers and show their support online using the hashtag #weheartSAheroes.
In addition, residents are asked to honor essential employees by wearing face masks to protect themselves and others. Be a hero, wear your mask: #Saheroeswearmasks.
Ways to show thanks to essential employees:
- Take a heart hands photo or record a short video and share on social media using hashtag #weheartSAheroes.
- Update your social media profile picture with the #WeheartSAheroes logo or frame.
- Print and post the #WeheartSAheroes poster.
- Call the iHeart Hero Hotline and leave a message thanking essential employees.
- Decorate your front porch, office, place of business, car or bicycles with hearts or signs.
Share your support on social media and tag @weheartSAheroes and use the hashtags #WeheartSAheroes and #SAheroeswearmasks.
This community display of gratitude and support will begin on Thursday, June 25, at 7 p.m., following Mayor Ron Nirenberg and Judge Nelson Wolff’s live COVID-19 update. The campaign will continue through July 14.
Committee partners include the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, iHeartMedia, Valero, NuStar, University Health System, San Antonio Visitor Alliance, United Way, Walmart, Whataburger and UT Health San Antonio.
UT Health San Antonio calls on the community to do its part and recently launched a public education initiative called ‘We Can Stop the Spread,’ to encourage residents to intensify their commitment to safe behaviors such as wearing face masks in public, while always practicing social distancing and good hand hygiene.
‘We Can Stop the Spread’ in the news: