Still need to file your taxes? Free tax help is available
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free income tax assistance to individuals earning less than $55,000 annually.
The Guadalupe Community Center, located at 1801 W César E Chávez Blvd., is operating as a VITA drop-off location. You can drop off tax documents Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tax returns are typically prepared and returned within 72 hours.
The Willie Velasquez Center is also a site and is accepting appointments by email or phone only.
The following items are needed to prepare your tax return:
- Proof of Identification (Driver’s License or Photo I.D.).
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents.
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return.
Current year’s tax package if you received one.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT).
A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available.
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identification number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number).
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, BOTH spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Bring Form 1095-A if you have purchased health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
- If eligible to receive education credits, the school’s taxpayer identification number is needed.
Learn more about VITA tax preparation.