Ranks sixth among health care/social employers statewide
Contact: Steven Lee, 210-450-3823, email@example.com
SAN ANTONIO, Aug. 23, 2023 – For a third straight year, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio) has made Forbes magazine’s list of Best-In-State Employers, and ranks high among health care employers statewide.
The institution made the ranking of 86 employers from all industries and with major operations in Texas, coming in 26th overall and sixth in the “Healthcare & Social” industry sector. The rankings serve to reinforce an employer’s reputation as offering a superior employment experience to its workforce, according to Forbes.
“UT Health San Antonio continues to be known as a place that both launches and advances careers,” said UT Health San Antonio President William L. Henrich, MD, MACP. “Our institution provides critically important jobs that impact our local economy including opportunities in world-class academics, leading-edge research and quality patient care, as well as operational and professional careers.”
America’s Best-In-State Employers 2023 were identified based on an independent survey of U.S. employees working for companies employing more than 500 workers in the United States. More than 2.1 million recommendations were gathered as part of the analysis, with evaluations made on a state-by-state basis and based on three distinct criteria:
- In-state indirect recommendations: Participants were prompted to evaluate employers in their state.
- National in-industry indirect recommendations: Participants also were prompted to evaluate other employers (nationally) in their respective industries.
- Direct recommendations: Employees were asked to rate their willingness to recommend their own employers to friends and family. Additionally, employees were asked to give their opinions on a series of statements surrounding work-related topics, like working conditions, diversity, salary, potential for development and employer image.
“This honor speaks volumes about our employees and their continuous dedication,” said Amy Tawney, MBA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CPC, vice president and chief human resources officer. “It’s also indicative of the positive outlook all of us feel on our journey together as we transform UT Health San Antonio and plan for strategic growth, including our new Multispecialty & Research Hospital.”
As an employer, UT Health San Antonio provides:
- An excellent benefits package with lower-cost health insurance options for employees as well as competitive dental and vision plans.
- A defined benefit retirement plan with matching contributions higher than the market average.
- Three to five weeks of paid time off per year, plus sick leave and paid holidays.
- Discounts at UT Health providers and facilities.
The annual Best-In-State Employers list jointly is presented by Forbes and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider. The complete awards list can be viewed here on the Forbes website, along with a story with more information on the honor.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio), a primary driver of San Antonio’s $44.1 billion health care and biosciences sector, is the largest academic research institution in South Texas with an annual research portfolio of more than $360 million. Driving substantial economic impact with its six professional schools, a diverse workforce of more than 7,900, an annual expense budget of $1.23 billion and clinical practices that provide 2.6 million patient visits each year, UT Health San Antonio plans to add more than 1,500 higher-wage jobs over the next five years to serve San Antonio, Bexar County and South Texas. To learn about the many ways “We make lives better®,” visit UTHealthSA.org.