Through the uncertainty of COVID-19, UT Health Physicians and the Mays Cancer Center have remained open for care. Our physicians and staff are prepared to battle COVID-19 and have closely followed closely new developments and guidelines from the CDC.
We’re open to safely care for all patients, and employees receive priority scheduling at all of our locations. Schedule your routine and specialty care appointments with the reassurance that your safety — and that of our staff and providers — is our top priority.
We have taken every precaution recommended by the CDC and our own infectious disease experts to avoid the risk of transmitting COVID-19. We offer video visit appointments whenever it is possible and have implemented rigorous new safety protocols inside our practices, including:
- All our staff and providers are required to wear masks; our patients are, too.
- Everyone coming into our buildings is screened for COVID-19 symptoms and their temperatures are taken.
- Our waiting rooms have been reconfigured to attain appropriate social distancing and hand disinfectants are distributed throughout the buildings.
- We are minimizing the time spent in waiting rooms.
- All surfaces, both in common areas and within practices, are disinfected every two hours. High-touch surfaces are cleaned even more often.
- With the option of using smart devices, such as your cell phone, to check-in and pay bills, the time our patients spend in the office is further decreased.
UT Health San Antonio employees with the UT Select Medical plan receive priority scheduling and discounts when using our UT Health providers. Call 210-450-9090 to schedule an appointment at UT Health Physicians and 210-450-1000 to schedule an appointment at the Mays Cancer Center.