The holidays are here. That means school closures, vacations and schedule changes for many. Benefits-eligible employees can use their free Care.com membership to find backup care or be reimbursed for extra days using their own provider. You can also find providers to help with pet sitting or housecleaning.
Care.com membership includes:
- Unlimited access to view profiles and references of background-checked care providers.
- Five days per year of child or adult backup care at subsidized rates* below:
- $6/hour for in-home care (4-hour minimum and 10-hour maximum).
- $10/day for in-center care (cost is per day per child; hours may vary depending on provider).
- $125 per day reimbursement for care from your own provider. Find reimbursement FAQs.
*Subsidized rates as part of an employee benefit provided by UT Health San Antonio are subject to applicable taxes as imputed income.
Employees can log in to the dedicated Care.com website for UT Health San Antonio employees by using their single sign-on credentials and enrolling.