San Antonio Combat PTSD Conference

August 23, 2017

When Oct. 18-19 Where Grand Hyatt San Antonio Details The conference is presented by the UT Health San Antonio-led STRONG STAR Consortium and Consortium to Alleviate PTSD. It will focus on emerging outcomes and ongoing scientific research on the assessment and treatment of combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and comorbid conditions in military service members […]

CPRIT awards millions to UT Health San Antonio

August 18, 2017

Cancer prevention programs and initiatives to recruit faculty to UT Health San Antonio got a $3.5 million boost from the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). The awards, announced Aug. 16, bring total funding to UT Health San Antonio by CPRIT to about $74.6 million since the program began in 2008. The UT Health Cancer […]

Erase Cancer

Alzheimer’s Film Screening and Panel Discussion

August 2, 2017

When 6:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 18 Where Holly Auditorium Details See life through the eyes of a woman with Alzheimer’s disease in the documentary, “You’re Looking at Me Like I Live Here and I Don’t.” After the film, UT Health President William Henrich will lead a panel discussion featuring: Dr. Bess Frost, an Alzheimer’s research […]

Our Strategic Vision 2018-2022

August 1, 2017

The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio has published its Strategic Vision for fiscal years 2018-2022.